Wireless LAN recommendation ?

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Wed Dec 4 09:51:18 GMT 2002

> - Buy a standalone wireless access point and plug it into a spare
>   network interface on your machine, using appropriate firewall rules
>   on that interface.  The Apple Airport base station might be a good
>   choice here - both OS X and FreeBSD's Ports have administration
>   tools.

This sounds very much like the best bet to me - I just went through
the ports untility manuals and it seems to have everything I need
exactly. Having an external unit plugged into the hub is definitely
the approach I want to take after reading all the various bits and
pieces.

Still somewhat concered about security, but I guess that something I
will ahve to live with in a wireless woorld :-)

cheers,

-bat.