VPN Problem

Paul Civati paul at xciv.org
Tue Dec 3 18:29:04 GMT 2002

"Steve Greenshaw" <steve at softgreen.co.uk> wrote:

> I've got 3 networks talking to each other via three FreeBSD4.7 VPN routers
> over the internet using IPSec. What the users are now wanting is access to
> the internet/email etc. outside their own VPN.
>
> I can sort it (using NAT/IPFW) so that they can access the internet OR their
> VPN but not the two together. Anybody have any ideas how I could let them
> access both the VPN and the internet? The clients are on Windoze.

I think you just need to get the routing right.

I am guessing that the windows clients have default routes that point
to your VPN gateway, where is the gateway to the internet?  On your VPN
box of another router?

Basically by adding a default route on your VPN box, and making sure it
has more specific routes for your VPN networks, you should be able to
achieve this.

-Paul-