Wireless LAN recommendation ?

Tim Chown tjc at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 2 14:53:59 GMT 2002

for the time being you need a licence to use 802.11a, which costs a
few tens of pounds... you'll also probably get less useful range than
802.11b, depends if you live in an olde thick-wall house or a new
cardboard house.

the licence takes a short time to get, and lasts 6 months.  by then the
5GHz 802.11a spectrum may be made open like 2.5GHz is for 802.11b.

tim