Wireless LAN recommendation ?

Pete French pete at twisted.org.uk
Mon Dec 2 14:49:15 GMT 2002

So, I'm thinking of getting a nice OSX laptop to wander round the
flat with so that I can answer my email whilst siting in bed. Has
anyone got a recommendation for adding an 802.11X base station to a BSD
box at all ? I know very little of such things, other than the fact that

I want it to be fast and encrypted (802.11a or 802.11g look like the best
to me).Iam assuming I just lug a card into my existing BSD fileserver (which
is also the cable modem gateway), or do I want some kind of external
box plugged into the hub (in which case this is the wrong list, I realise)

Suggestions ?

-bat.