Networking novice needs help

Andrew andrew.hodgson at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 10:33:47 GMT 2002

Well now this IS strange - I've managed to get the light to come on for
the 100MBps port, but the 100MBps light on the hub isn't lit. And I
still can't ping anything outside of this box. Pings to itself are fine.

I'm even tried a different IRQ - don't laugh.

> > > Back to the thread though; seems strange that the install worked via
> > > the network, but now the same wires don't ping.  Something must've changed.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I took my main broadband cable (from my
modem) straight into this box just to do the install, then when that
(finally) worked, I replaced that cable into the external interface my
NAT box, and hooked up the new box (squid) to be part of my private
network. I made all the relevant changes to /etc/rc.conf and /etc/hosts.

Still stumped.