Adding a second ISA network card...

Andrew Hodgson andrew.hodgson at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 01:07:04 BST 2002

Thanks to everyone for replying. I feel a little stupid, I thought Byron was
saying that MY question was silly! Hence my slightly tense reply! Many
apologies, and thanks again for the advice.

I have seen a piece on freebsddiary.org about entering the cards IRQ and I/O
address info into my kernel configuration file, I wasn't aware that I could
do that and wasn't sure about how to go about finding the relevant info for
my card. Even though I've rebuilt quite a few kernels, I'm not at the stage
to actually _understand_ what happens when I do!! I'm very much more
interested in interfacing with the OS (using commands etc.) and (say) KDE,
than the deep and dirty workings of the OS. I hope there are some out there
who know what I mean!

However, I am more than willing to get my hands dirty, and I will try and
add the second card to my kernel.

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.

Andrew.