When trying to install ports problem

John Murphy jfm at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 17:31:56 BST 2002

"Michael Johnson" <michael.johnson at humphreyconsulting.co.uk> wrote:

>When trying to install ports from the /usr/ports/sysutils/lsof directory
>and doing a meke install I get the stuff below Can anyone help
>root# make reinstall
>>> lsof_4.64G.freebsd.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles=
/.
>>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://vic.cc.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/.
>fetch: lsof_4.64G.freebsd.tar.gz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, =
no access)
<snip>
Probably due to no access rather than file not found, so is there a firewall
in the path somewhere?  You may need to configure 'make' by editing /etc/ma=
ke.conf

Here's a section from /etc/defaults/make.conf:

# If you're behind a firewall and need FTP or HTTP proxy services for
# ports collection fetching to work, the following examples give the
# necessary syntax.  See the fetch(3) man page for details.
#
#FTP_PROXY=3D      10.0.0.1:21
#HTTP_PROXY=3D     10.0.0.1:80

--=20