Server room cooling

Tim Wiser timw at penninehealthcare.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 11:09:15 BST 2002

Well, after repeatedly informing our managers that our server room is far
too small and doesn't have adequate cooling (this is a brand new site that
has been built to specification, howerver the specification that was put
forward by us was blatantly ignored)....  the ambient temperature in the
room is now knocking on 40 degrees celsius.  The only ventilation that the
room has is a sucking fan that pulls air out of the corridor, through the
room and then outside.  However, this is failing to make any difference at
all as far as we can see - probably because the air in the corridor outside
is warm.  *sigh*

Anyway, does anyone know of any documentation/websites that I can put under
the noses of the managers to coerce them into doing something other than
lipservice to I.T about this problem?  I've got a feeling that things may
start going bang unless this is rectified soon.

Cheers,
Tim.