Creative Webcam (was: Re: USB/Serial adapter)

Antony T Curtis antony at abacus.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 09:43:31 BST 2002

Johni el kolgao wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Andrew Boothman wrote:
>

>>To me, "man bktr", doesn't make it look like bktr supports your webcam.
>

> 	yup thx, but how can i use my webcam plus ? The ov511+ driver comes with
> 	vid port, but the webcam is always off and non-detected by software.

I have been playing about with an ov511+ based USB webcam and I have
found that the userland capture program which uses ugen requires many
attempts to capture one frame... Result is - it can take ages for one
320x240 image and near impossible for 640x480.

I have kludged a "better" one but results are still poor... I am also
messing about with a kernel driver (I just have to cope with
driver-induced panics ;))

I haven't looked at it for a couple of weeks - been busy.

Regards,

Antony,