GNATS and uids

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Tue Aug 20 19:58:57 BST 2002

Tom Hukins wrote:
> I'm not aware of one, but maybe one of the GNATS Web interfaces might
> help?
>
> http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Configuration_Management/Bug_Tracking/Free/GNATS/
> looks like a useful place to start finding out about this.

Ok thanks, I may be able to cobble something together with wwwgnats.

> GNATS feels dated nowadays: have you considered other tools such as
> RT2 <http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/index.html> (I'd recommend this)
> or Bugzilla <http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/>?  Bugzilla is already in
> the ports collection, and there's a PR for RT2 waiting to be
> committed.

I did have a play with bugzilla, but since I dont have much time for
experimenting (I know nothing about mysql) I decided to go with the
simplest that would do the job.

RT2 doesn't look like it will be any easier to set up; I'll have a
play when the port appears (about six months at the current rate :-)

> Pass the address you wish to use to sendmail as the envelope sender
> (using -f).  I imagine you might be able to do something with
> sendmail.cf if you're feeling brave. :-)

Just looking at it inspired me to install qmail.

Cheers,

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com