GNATS and uids

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 20 14:31:46 BST 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 12:48:22PM +0100, Jonathan Belson wrote:

> Is there a cgi front end to edit-pr?  I'd like people to be able to edit
> PRs remotely, and I'd rather not spend time trying to cobble one
> together myself.

I'm not aware of one, but maybe one of the GNATS Web interfaces might
help?

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Configuration_Management/Bug_Tracking/Free/GNATS/
looks like a useful place to start finding out about this.

GNATS feels dated nowadays: have you considered other tools such as
RT2 <http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/index.html> (I'd recommend this)
or Bugzilla <http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/>?  Bugzilla is already in
the ports collection, and there's a PR for RT2 waiting to be
committed.

> When sending mail, the 'From:' address defaults to 'user at host.domain'.
> What do I have to do to make it use 'user at domain'?  (Other than
> installing qmail :-)

Pass the address you wish to use to sendmail as the envelope sender
(using -f).  I imagine you might be able to do something with
sendmail.cf if you're feeling brave. :-)

Tom