SSL wrapping or SSH tunnelling? Which is more secure?

Mark Blackman mark at blackmans.org
Tue Aug 20 11:13:50 BST 2002

I believe '-N' sort of helps. Limited to protocol 2 and keeps
the stdin and stdout mapped to the local terminal.  It supposed
to deal with this problem, but just gives you other ones.

However, like you I just run
a simple sh-loop with a sleep in the middle. i.e.

ssh -n -L 4200:othermachine.net:4200 xxx at othermachine.net "/bin/sh -c 'while (true); do sleep 86400; done'" &

- Mark