SSL wrapping or SSH tunnelling? Which is more secure?

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Tue Aug 20 03:39:31 BST 2002

Making the tunnel stay up is actually quite tricky unless one resorts
to something like daemontools to recognise that the tunnel has gone
down and restart it when necessary. It gets even more convoluted when
one uses a chain of SSH port forwarders for traversing a firewall sandwich.

One possible solution to the problem I've been mulling over is writing
an SSH subsystem for doing general IP tunneling over SSH.

BMS