GNATS and uids

Tom Hukins tom at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 19 16:37:53 BST 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 04:28:17PM +0100, Jonathan Belson wrote:

> I notice that the FreeBSD web site calls a script called dosendpr.cgi when you submit
> a PR, does this work around the permission problems?  I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

You can find all the FreeBSD source, ports, doc and Web site in the
CVS repository.  http://cvsweb.FreeBSD.org/ is a useful Web front-end
to this.

dosendpr.cgi can be found at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/www/en/cgi/dosendpr.cgi

>From reading its source, dosendpr.cgi doesn't call any GNATS program
directly, but uses sendmail to submit the PR.  Presumably, sendmail on
FreeBSD.org has adequate permissions to insert new PRs.

Tom