USB/Serial adapter

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Fri Aug 16 00:27:16 BST 2002

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 10:55:33PM +0100, Sam Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Jose Marques wrote:
> > Does anybody know of any serial to USB adapters that work with FreeBSD
> > that can be bought in the UK?  If so a manufacturer name, model and
> > details of the place you got it from would be most welcome.  Looking at
> > the ones mentioned in the kernel config I've only been able to find
> > foreign suppliers that don't ship outside the US.  Basically I after
> > something that I can use to connect a mobile, GPS, palm etc. to a serial
> > port challenged PC.  I'm assuming that any such device would look like a
> > serial device from FreeBSD's POV.
>=20
> These guys are in the UK.
>   http://www.lynks.co.uk/usb.html
>=20
> I don't know if they work with FreeBSD, but NetBSD has a driver.
> And it looks like a serial device over USB -- but needs a
> (relatively simple) driver.
>=20

Which driver does NetBSD use?  I've recently ported some usb serial
drivers to -stable, but there are a few more that haven't been ported to
-current yet.  Is it one of these?

Joe
--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X--