IPX

Sam Pikesley samdavidpikesley at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 16:56:30 BST 2002

Hi!

I have cable broadband; attached to this is my FreeBSD
/ ipfilter firewall. My friend has DSL; attached to
his DSL is his OpenBSD firewall. We have a VPN between
us which works great (IPSEC on both ends, racoon at my
end, isakmpd at his end). We each have a little
network behind these firewalls. The problem:

We wish to play Red Alert (also Tiberian Sun) (yes I
have windows on one of my boxes but strictly for
games) across the VPN. Red Alert uses IPX (it's a very
old game). Anybody know of a unix tool which will sit
on my fileserver (also FreeBSD) and wrap / unwrap the
IPX packets into IP for sending across the VPN?

I know Kali can do this on the Windows client, but
that's payware...

Thanks for any help or pointers you can offer.

Sam Pikesley
;)