Automated Reinstall

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Mon Aug 12 10:54:19 BST 2002

Good Morning (and delurk :-) )

I'm looking into getting FreeBSD to install (well, reinstall)
automatically on some dev machines - basically I want to record the
current configuration (more or less) and create a CD for each machine that
when inserted into the drive and booted from reinstalls the machine.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to some helpful documentation -
I've seen what the handbook has to say on this, and I've seen the
Jumpstart Guide. Basically I've got as far as realising I need an
install.cfg file, but not finding any documentation (sans skeleton
files) on what this should contain.

Thanks.

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              mark at twoshortplanks.com
';use Term'Cap;$t=Tgetent Term'Cap{};print$t->Tputs(cl);for$w(split/  +/
){for(0..30){$|=print$t->Tgoto(cm,$_,$y)." $w";select$k,$k,$k,.03}$y+=2}