Next Meeting (was Re: Meeting/Flooding/Lists)

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 8 21:21:43 BST 2002

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:52:22AM +0100, Neil Ford wrote:
> Now we just need a date,=20

I'd suggest sometime around October.  BSDCon Europe 2002 is mid-November,
and there must be some people from the UK who are planning on speaking.
I figure it would be a good idea if one or two of them had an
opportunity to give their presentations in front of a live audience, and
get useful feedback before BSDCon.

That would also leave time for another "Hidden gems of the ports tree"
talk.

> a venue,=20

Anyone else want to volunteer?  Any ISP employees on the list who might
be able to get us the use of a presentation room?

> an organiser.

Happy to do it again.

> What do people think? Can we sustain regular meetings? Can we cover the
> drinks bill?

The drinks bill for last night was ~ GBP 100.  Talking to Jonathan, he
seemed to think that that was ridiculously cheap for the opportunity to
chat to so many FreeBSD-using folk. . .

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2

--xo44VMWPx7vlQ2+2--