Single point logon

lk lou.kamenov at aeye.net
Thu Aug 8 12:50:29 BST 2002

Hi,
On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 12:40:27PM +0100, Jon Schneider wrote:
> None of Nis, Yp or SSH really do this properly.
>
> What you're really after is an authentication system like Kerberos.
>
> However there are a number of catches like the existence of both
> v4 and v5 and the lack of kerberized clients and services. In theory
Yeah Krb might be a solution..
> what windows uses is Kerberos with a few bells and whistles. I
> thought I'd read about integrating unix authentication with windows
> domain logon somewhere (NetBSD documentation ?).
Depends, dont forget M$RPC shit like most of the M$ things is a bit different compared to the UNIX, and however we all know that most of the things like this kind of auth, without 3d party software is driven by MSRPC as a backbone.

cheers,
-lk

--
br, Lou Kamenov
[ Network Infrastructure/Security Analyst ]