Single point logon

Ian Morrison ian at darq.net
Thu Aug 8 12:16:56 BST 2002

hey,

(great meeting last night btw..)

I was wondering if anyone here has some kind of single point logon
system working;  crazy phrase, but essentially some way of centrally
managing access any of the machines on a network.  As I understand it,
Nis/Yp offers this functionality, but i'd rather not run all that rpc
cruft.

I've heard people do this in various ways; ssh keys propagated via LDAP
or CFEngine are two that spring to mind, squid perhaps another..  Has
anyone got anything like this working on FreeBSD?  In a heterogenous
environment (mac/pc/unix)?  Would be great to find out what people think
in any event..

Stay Frosty,

ian
--
:: darq.net /#/             :: to start press any key | where's the