Next Meeting (was Re: Meeting/Flooding/Lists)

Neil Ford neil at nubenu.com
Thu Aug 8 11:52:22 BST 2002

On 8/8/02 11:20 am, "lk" <lou.kamenov at aeye.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:07:40AM +0100, Jonathan Belson wrote:
>> On Thursday 08 August 2002 7:50 am, Neil Ford wrote:
>>
>>> I'd just like to re-iterate my thanks once again to Nik and everyone at
>>> Imagination for a great event last night. Definitely a success and I at
>>> least am looking forward to the next one.
>>
>> Ditto, it was very interesting.
> Um.. can i come on the next one?:) I`m quite new to the list.. @UKUG i mean..
> thanks

The meeting's are open to all and I believe we didn't max out last night's
venue, so of course you can. Whoever ends up organising the next one may
decide otherwise of course :-)

Now we just need a date, a venue, some (okay, lots!) beer, 3 talks and an
organiser.

One thing that did come up in post meeting discussions was possibly slightly
altering the format. The suggestion was as follows;

quick intro
talks
[break]
discussion session

This allows for people to be a little more awake for the talks and to leave
early if they wish without missing the meat of the meeting (though some
really good stuff came up during the discussion yesterday).

What do people think? Can we sustain regular meetings? Can we cover the
drinks bill?

Neil.
--
Neil Ford