NVidia Riva TNT2 TV Out - X or Mplayer

Dave david.gallagher at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 00:36:46 BST 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 00:00:46 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm successfully using the port of the Linux nvidia drivers to FreeBSD=20
>available at:
>http://nvidia.netexplorer.org/
>
>don't know if this works with tv-out, but for me it works better than the=
>=20
>xfree86 'nv' driver. The nv driver doesn't support dvi connected monitors=
> but=20
>the linux port does, thats my reason for using it. If you know the linux=20
>drivers support tv-out then this port should too.

That's fantastic.  I tried all sorts of search word combinations hunting
around the 'net for *exactly* that information without any success.

Judging by the fact it uses the original NVidia drivers, hopefully it will
support the TV out function as described in the NVidia docs.

I've already got the relevant tar files from NVidia (I was living in
hope!).  I'll pull out the ati card tomorrow and give it a go.  The
install instrucction look simple enough even for me to follow ;-)

Thanks again

Dave