NVidia Riva TNT2 TV Out - X or Mplayer

Michael Pye michael at ulimit.org
Thu Aug 8 00:00:46 BST 2002

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 11:32 pm, Dave wrote:
> I'm still too new to FreeBSD to have even an inkling of where to start
> with getting the Linux NVidia drivers installed/working under FBSD.
> Obviously, using a driver written for the card would be best since it
> would probably take advantage of on-board accelleration function which =
the
> vesa driver doesn't know about.
>
> Has anyone managed this yet?  Is it even possible?

I'm successfully using the port of the Linux nvidia drivers to FreeBSD=20
available at:
http://nvidia.netexplorer.org/

don't know if this works with tv-out, but for me it works better than the=
=20
xfree86 'nv' driver. The nv driver doesn't support dvi connected monitors=
 but=20
the linux port does, thats my reason for using it. If you know the linux=20
drivers support tv-out then this port should too.

- Michael