Installation of FreeBSD 4.6 with X and KDE

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 6 20:18:03 BST 2002

--h0beEpl++jFtFN5A

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 07:40:51AM +0100, Teilo wrote:
> I decided to try FreeBSD, and I downloaded the ISO images, and burnt
> installation CDs for FreeBSD 4.6.
> I have tried three times to install FreeBSD 4.6 on one of my machines, but
> I can't get XFree86 to work.  I can get the system to work without X, but=
> can't get X to work, using KDE.
> My machine has an ATI Mach 64 graphics card which has worked OK in OS/2 a=
nd
> under Linux, but I don't seem able to get a driver to work in the version
> of XFree86 that comes with FreeBSD 4.6.

If you're using the same version of XFree86 with Linux and FreeBSD, you
should just be able to copy your XFree86 config file from the Linux
system to the FreeBSD system. . .

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--h0beEpl++jFtFN5A

--h0beEpl++jFtFN5A--