freebsd and ftp

Robin Robin
Tue Aug 6 08:42:07 BST 2002

Hi all,

here's one for ya!

I've installed freebsd 4.5.  I can ftp into a user account fine.  The
problem arises when I go yo say install apache by connecting to an ftp site
such as ftp.freebsd.org that problems arise.  I get a 'no address associated
with hostname'

has anyone any ideas?

also, in /etc/rc.conf, I've got the ifconfig set as ifconfig_vr0 instead of
ifconfig_sis0.  If I do the latter I can't ftp or ssh into the box.  any
ideas?

many thanks!

Robin Garbutt
Portfolio Art & Design Ltd
Tel -  +44 (0) 1204 383822
Fax - +44 (0) 1204 383866
Mob - +44 (0) 7811 185490
e-mail - Rob at portfoliodesign.net

For further information please visit us at :-
www.portfoliodesign.net

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you
are not the addressee of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or
otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have
received this e-mail in error please e-mail the sender.