Installation of FreeBSD 4.6 with X and KDE

Teilo teilo at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Aug 6 07:40:51 BST 2002

Dear Group,
I decided to try FreeBSD, and I downloaded the ISO images, and burnt
installation CDs for FreeBSD 4.6.
I have tried three times to install FreeBSD 4.6 on one of my machines, but
I can't get XFree86 to work.  I can get the system to work without X, but I
can't get X to work, using KDE.
My machine has an ATI Mach 64 graphics card which has worked OK in OS/2 and
under Linux, but I don't seem able to get a driver to work in the version
of XFree86 that comes with FreeBSD 4.6.
I would appreciate any help I can get with this.
Teilo