FreeBSD ftp.releng4.freebsd.org server down

Dominic Marks dominic_marks at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 17 13:07:11 BST 2002

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:17:31AM +0100, Paul McEnery wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your help. Sorry I was a little impatient with the message
> and didn't exactly say what I meant. I meant ftp://releng4.freebsd.org.
> I was just looking for another server seeing as this one no longer seems
> to be accepting connections, and I could not see any new information on
> the main FreeBSD site.

Recently {releng4,current}.freebsd.org have been having problems, eg:

dom at gallium:/home/dom$ ftp current.freebsd.org
Name (current.freebsd.org:dom): ftp
331 Guest login ok, send your email address as password.
Password:
550 Can't set guest privileges.
ftp: Login failed.
ftp> quit
221 Goodbye.

You can get STABLE and CURRENT snapshots from snapshots.jp.freebsd.org
if you don't mind the long distance. I believe the server is pretty
well connected though. (*whisper* snapshots.uk.freebsd.org *whisper*)
:)

Perhaps emailing the FTP administrators, or the Hubs (freebsd-hubs@)
would be a good idea regarding this problem.

--
Dominic