newsfeed server

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at plasm.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 18:15:21 BST 2002

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 05:59:48PM +0100, mark.stewart at bacs.co.uk wrote:

> but was wondering what the equivalent /usr/sbin/tcpd is in freebsd
> as the leafnode documentation warns I should only ever use tcpd ??

FreeBSD inetd has tcp_wrappers functionality built in, so you don't
need to use an external tcpd at all.  Your inetd.conf line should be:

nntp stream tcp nowait news /usr/local/sbin/leafnode leafnode

and double check that the -w option is included in inetd_flags in
rc.conf --- it's there by default.

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                          26 The Paddocks
                                                         Savill Way