newsfeed server

mark.stewart at bacs.co.uk mark.stewart at bacs.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 17:59:48 BST 2002

Hi all,

I am installing leafnode, a news feed server on FreeBSD 4=2E4=2E It tells me to a=
dd
this line to the inet=2Econf=2E=20=

nntp stream tcp nowait news /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/sbin/leafnode

I know that above line contains tabed info that correlates to the following
description=2E
service name
socket type
protocol
{wait|nowait}[/max-child[/max-connections-per-ip-per-minute]]
user[:group][/login-class]
server program
server program arguments

According to my entry I will be running the program /usr/sbin/tcpd passing the
arguments /usr/local/sbin/leafnode=2E

I have done this for now =3D=20=
nntp stream tcp nowait news /usr/local/sbin/leafnode

but was wondering what the equivalent /usr/sbin/tcpd is in freebsd as the
leafnode documentation warns I should only ever use tcpd ??

krgds

Mark Stewart

You can find us at www=2Ebacs=2Eco=2Euk

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only=2E You should
not disclose its contents to any other person=2E
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately=2E

BACS Limited, registered in England, No 1023742,
3 De Havilland Road, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5QA