Modem for FreeBSD.

William Cooper williamcooper at data-storm.net
Tue Apr 9 22:02:17 BST 2002

I believe that winmodems are a no-no when it comes to FreeBSD, I'm not
100% sure on the whole situation. Personally I would buy a external
modem because its fully support on most of the operating systems out
there.

Another thing is, do you have a spare (working) machine around the
house? Maybe a slower 486 in the basement? Before I turned my LAN
gateway to FreeBSD It use to be my workstation running win2k on horrid
ICS and I had a FreeBSD machine on the network which used the win2k
machine to use the internet, its great to start off, then once you get
the feel/hang of FreeBSD, shove it onto your main machine and give it a
wizz :)

Hope I helped, :)!

Regards

William Cooper