A Hello, and a webmail query

Jon Fautley jon at geekpeople.net
Wed Apr 3 06:07:45 BST 2002

Just an idea... but can you configure the IMAP server to run on port 21 (which is unrestricted)? You can then configure your mail client to look for the IMAP server on port 21, instead of the IMAP port.

This obviously falls down if: 1. You're going through a proxy server, as it'll be sending all your mail through an FTP proxy. or 2. You're running an FTP server on your machine at home (which you could move, but wouldn't be able to access from work)

Just a thought...

Jon