Your Advice: Low Grade/Cost Server Parts

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 12:10:44 BST 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

>On a similar but seperate note, anyone know a good place either to get
>pre-built 1U boxen or empty 1U cases.  I'm not entirely sure why a
>discussion on co-lo boxen hasn't yet come around to this, or do
>desktop ATX cases fit in 1U these days? :)

I've always been a big fan of Intel's ISP1100 system.  You can buy the
case with the motherboard together, and add your choice of (Intel
obviously :-) CPU, memory and disk.  Dual fxp Ethernets come on board.

One cool feature is they can work without a VGA card, you can access the
BIOS from the serial port.

Insight has them at =A3527.99

http://www.insight.com/cgi-bin/bp/342615600/uk/products/it478600.html

Aled
--=20
        ++  Amazingly cheap server hosting in Telehouse, London  ++
        ++             http://www.qix.co.uk/colo/                ++