[fwd] Re: Your Advice: Low Grade/Cost Server Parts

Neil Ford neil at ourshack.com
Fri Sep 28 11:16:58 BST 2001

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 11:04:16AM +0100, Paul Civati wrote:
> Neil Ford <neil at ourshack.com> wrote:
>
> > Oh yeah.... don't use Mailbox for your colo.
>
> Who would you use instead?
>
> I've used them for about 2 years now, and more recently found
> their network and connectivity not so good.
>
> Mainly I like them because they're relatively cheap and their
> location is good (access to Telehouse and Docklands I find a
> pain).

To be honest if you want good reliable connectivity, then Telehouse or
Redbus Interhouse really are your best options.

For colo companies I can personally recommend Black Cat Networks
(http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk) and there is Aled who has been plugging
his services :-) and I suspect FreeBSD Services could also do something.

One point to remember is that to use most colos without paying through the
nose, you *will* need a rack mountable machine and preferably a 1U one.

Neil.