Has anoncvs.FreeBSD.org stopped working?

Simon Dick simond at irrelevant.org
Fri Sep 28 08:47:07 BST 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 09:17:02PM +0100, David Marsh wrote:

> Excuse me if this is a clueless question, but has anoncvs.FreeBSD.org
> stopped working?
>
> I'm trying to upgrade ports using porteasy (v2.5), but it doesn't seem able
> to connect to this server.
>
> Is there a problem with this server, or, alternatively, can anybody give me
> the details of a closer anoncvs server that I could use instead?

I seem to remember Warner saying that the machine is currently down due
to problems. I don't think any others are available as
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html
only lists that one server. Personally I just cvsup the cvs branch on one
of my machines and let it act as a cvs server to the rest of them :)

Simon Dick					simond at irrelevant.org
"Why do I get this urge to go bowling everytime I see Tux?"