Question

Guillermo Ponce geponce at campus.maz.itesm.mx
Thu Sep 27 17:29:07 BST 2001

--=====================_8257123==_.ALT

I have resolved the problem...

It's so weird, I just uninstall every web server that I had and reinstall=20
again the newest  version of the apache from the sysinstall and that's it.

I think that the problem was that I installed at the first time=20
installation of FreeBSD two WebServers...
norma Apache HTTP and the Secure Apache HTTP... I don't know but now it's=20
working... I'm going to try to install the Secure Apache to see what's=20
happens...

Thanks  Ian M.

Greetings from Mazatl=E1n, M=E9xico
Tito

Email: geponce at campus.maz.itesm.mx
--=====================_8257123==_.ALT

I have resolved the problem... <br>
It's so weird, I just uninstall every web server that I had and reinstall
again the newest&nbsp; version of the apache from the sysinstall and
that's it.<br>
I think that the problem was that I installed at the first time
installation of FreeBSD two WebServers...<br>
norma Apache HTTP and the Secure Apache HTTP... I don't know but now it's
working... I'm going to try to install the Secure Apache to see what's
happens... <br>
Thanks&nbsp; Ian M.<br>
Greetings from Mazatl=E1n, M=E9xico<br>
Tito<br>
At 02:40 a.m. 27/09/01, Ian MacDonald wrote:<br>
use apachectl start or just ran httpd. I would guess apache can't find
your config files.<br>
Ian.<br>
On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 02:42:19PM -0600, Guillermo Ponce wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I have a doubt,&nbsp; I have FreeBSD 4.3 and the Apache Server and I
don't know <br>
&gt; why can I see the index.html just like this<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;
s/index.html</a>
(with this url I can see the homepage of <br>
&gt; Apache sucessfull installing...)<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; and not just like this:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://ip_address/" eudora=3D"autourl">http://ip_address/</a=
> (With this url I receive an error on server)<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; And there's another thing that it's really confuse for me...<br>
&gt; If I use Explorer and I put<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://ip_address/index.html"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://ip_address/index.html</a> I can see the homepage=
 of the <br>
&gt; Apache&nbsp; sucessfull intstall...<br>
&gt; But if I use Netscape and the same address&nbsp; I just see the HTML=
 code for <br>
&gt; that page<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Do you have an idea what it could be?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thanks in advance...<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Ing. Guillermo E. Ponce Campos<br>
&gt; Coordinador de Sistemas Administrativos y Comunicaciones (SAC)<br>
&gt; Departamento de Inform=E1tica<br>
&gt; Tec de Monterrey Campus Mazatl=E1n<br>
&gt; Tel. 9892032&nbsp; Fax. 9801195<br>
&gt; Cel. 04469-320742<br>
&gt; Email: geponce at campus.maz.itesm.mx<br>
-- <br>
&nbsp;Mac<br>
|&nbsp;&nbsp; | _&nbsp; _&nbsp; _<br>
| ^ |`_||&nbsp; [_]&nbsp; e: sales at macware.net<br>
|/ \|[_]|&nbsp; |_.&nbsp; w: <a href=3D"http://macware.net/"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://macware.net</a></blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<b>Ing. Guillermo E. Ponce Campos<br>
</b><font size=3D2>Coordinador de Sistemas Administrativos y Comunicaciones=
 (SAC)<br>
Departamento de Inform=E1tica<br>
Tec de Monterrey Campus Mazatl=E1n<br>
Tel. 9892032&nbsp; Fax. 9801195<br>