Getting to grips with docbook

Nik Clayton nik at freebsd.org
Sun Sep 23 22:59:02 BST 2001

--6DRyk0WLoccTprpY

On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 08:13:23PM +0100, Jonathan Belson wrote:
> I've spent a couple of hours trying to get the hang of
> DocBook but I haven't had much success.  I've checked
> out the fdp-primer, the oreilly docbook manual and a
> few online resources but I have yet to find a simple
> example I can actually get to work (ie. convert into
> other formats).

The examples in Appendix 1, 2, and 3 at

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/examples.ht=
ml

should all "just work".  If they don't, please send me the files you're
trying to convert, and the exact command line you're trying to use.  The
output from "ls /var/db/pkg" would also be useful.

<plug>
Should you be doing this on behalf of your employer, and feel that you
might benefit from some commercial consultancy, please let me know.
</plug>

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--6DRyk0WLoccTprpY

--6DRyk0WLoccTprpY--