pptp chap81 aaaargh

Brian Somers brian at freebsd-services.com
Fri Sep 21 14:06:34 BST 2001

> > Well, it looks like your passwords don't agree.  Are you doubling up
> > the \ in the username in ppp.secret so that it's not treated as an
> > escape character ?
>
> I've tried it both ways, with the same results: 0x05 succeeds, 0x81 fails.
> The only change made between trials was "enable chap81".

Well, I have one other suggestion :*)

Search for ``Win98'' in ppp/chap.c and try removing the
ans[alen] != '\0' test.  It's plausible that M$ have a different bug
in their 95 implementation....

If this does turn out to be the case, the only option will be to add
some sort of config option (yeuch!).
--
Brian <brian at freebsd-services.com>                <brian at Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>