Alcatel Speed Touch USB - Howto's ?

Guy Harper guy at gtv8.org
Mon Sep 17 11:27:30 BST 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 12:25:32AM +0100, Mark Hughes wrote:

> Basically I followed the instructions at
> http://www.xsproject.org/speedtouch/ (make sure you DO use the latest
> version of the driver, I used the older one for a bit and while it worked
> it was a pain in the proverbial to set up).

Hi,

I too have attempted to install the drivers provided from the
aforementioned site, but have run into a problem.

Following the included instructions (INSTALL-BSD), all is fine until I
run make in the unzipped speedtouch directory. I receive:

"speedtouch.tmpl", line 12: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

Line 12 reads:

CONFIUGURE_ARGS = @ac_configure_args@

I do note a typo? ^ Otherwise, I'm non the wiser... The build doc
doesn't ask for any arguments to be passed when using make.

The docs only refer to running with 4.0->4.3 kernels. Mine is a
4.4-PRERELEASE #0 kernel.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

TIA.
--