Redirecting stderr

Ben Smithurst ben at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 4 23:34:25 BST 2001

--lZZ4ablUVnt2XgAh

Daniel Camp wrote:

> 1. how I could redirect StdErr output of startx (& xinit) into a file?

startx >filename 2>&1

> 3. Is there a program like GetRight, which allows you to resume downloads=
 from
> previous sessions?

Yes, fetch(1) in the base system can do that (check the -r and -R
flags documented in "man fetch"), as can the basic ftp(1) program (use
"reget" instead of "get").  I'm sure there are more advanced ones
similar to GetRight but these might be good enough....  Check the ftp
category of the ports collection, you might find something you like.
See http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ftp.html (I think..)

--=20
Ben Smithurst / ben at FreeBSD.org                 FreeBSD: The Power To Serve
                                                    http://www.FreeBSD.org/

--lZZ4ablUVnt2XgAh

--lZZ4ablUVnt2XgAh--