Gateway not forwarding packets

Fraser Heath Fraserh at XnL-Interactive.com
Tue Sep 4 19:18:50 BST 2001

Hello freebsd-users,

  Ive been trying for the past two days to get my FreeBSD box to act
  as a gateway between my LAN and my ADSL connection, but for the life
  of me I cant get it to forward packets. After scouring mail archives
  in which everyone seems to just say "set gateway_enable="YES" in
  your rc.conf" ( which I have done ), nothing seems to work.  I have
  two network cards in the box, one with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.76 the other a
  LAN IP of 192.168.0.254, the machine on the LAN im currently trying
  to test with has IPs xxx.xxx.xxx.74 and a LAN IP of 192.168.0.6,
  when I specify the default router in rc.conf to my ADSL router IP
  (xxx.xxx.xxx.73) I can ping the router and anything outside from the
  FreeBSD box, the LAN box can ping the LAN interface of the FreeBSD
  box, but can not access anything on the outside, im using FreeBSD
  4.4RC2. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
 Fraser                          mailto:Fraser.Heath at BTInternet.com