a bit of info

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.com
Wed Oct 31 13:40:42 GMT 2001

--On Wednesday, October 31, 2001 12:19:29 +0000 Aled Morris
<aledm at qix.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
>

>> I am sending in my individual registration today and am trying to decide
>> on the hotel.  Do we get any special deals for being part of the
>> conference at Thistle?
>
> Also, is there a cut from the Thistle room rate going to the conference?
> Apparently they are quoting cheaper prices if you don't mention the
> conference.  I wouldn't want to avoid paying my contribution, but I don't
> want to pay more if the difference isn't going to benefit the great cause.

There's no cut going to the conference from the hotel, it's very much the
other way around :-)

Contact Alan, sales at ctvglobal.com, who should be able to arrange rooms at
the three listed hotels at the prices quoted on our website. They were
dependent upon availability though, so there's no guarantee that the hotels
will still honour those rates at this late stage but I haven't heard
otherwise as yet.

> Alos, have we committed an occupancy of N room/nights to the hotel?

Not any more, they've been let go. We'd be contractually bound to paying
the room rates if we kept them so we haven't :-)

Paul Richards
FreeBSD Services Ltd
http://www.freebsd-services.com