Slightly OT: Web server q's - SCSI vs. IDE

Josef Karthauser joe at tao.org.uk
Tue Oct 30 15:22:11 GMT 2001

--LWVQOr/QoF/fPPTS

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 02:59:38PM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 01:37:44PM -0000, Mark Hughes wrote:
> > Hi guys. I know this is somewhat off-topic, but I know you're a
> > knowledgable bunch of guys and hope you'll be able to give me some valu=
able
> > opinions on this subject.
> >=20
> > I'm still looking into our new server, and was wondering what peoples
> > opinions were on SCSI vs. IDE vs. bucket loads of RAM for a database-he=
avy
> > web site running under FreeBSD....
>=20
> Bucketloads of RAM :-)
>=20

Bucketloads of RAM only works if they're connected to the machine.
I know from experience.  Years ago I had a spectrum and a bucket load of
2kb ram chips, which I placed next to the afore mentione spectrum.  Upon
closer investigation it still only reported 48kb.

Joe

--LWVQOr/QoF/fPPTS

--LWVQOr/QoF/fPPTS--