Serial Ports & APC UPSs (Success)

Simon Griffiths simon.g at claycrossbs.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 16:14:10 GMT 2001

Well it turns out thats theres a known problem between using the 2 port
interface expander and the advanced monitoring ('Smart') port on the Smart
UPS 1500's.  After much head scrathing and you guys' superb help I rang APC
to see what the deal is and there going to send me a gadget to get over this
problem.  I've now, without the expanders installed, got these UPSs working
sweet with FreeBSD. BTW, Ian, upsmond doesn't Seg Fault any more :-)

Thanks for giving me a hand.

Si.
--
Simon Griffiths
Systems Administrator - Clay Cross Building Society