Time Synchronisation

Steve Greenshaw steve at softgreen.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 11:58:53 BST 2001

Hi,

I've recently noticed a problem with the time synchronisation that I use ...

I run a variety of FreeBSD boxes, from 3.4 to 4.4. I have one of these using ntpd to sync with an
NTP stratum 1 server and then use 'ntpdate myntp.mydomain.com' as a regular cron job to keep the
other boxes near enough in time (absolute accuracy is not needed). Recently however I see this
error:

no server suitable for synchronization found

The server is there, and I can use it with a Windoze client to set the time on my NT workstation

Any ideas about why ntpdate is giving me this error all of a sudden? I've tried updating NTP to the
lastest version of 4, but still get the problem.

Cheers,

Steve.