Alcatel ADSL/USB problems

freebsd-uk-usergroup-local at insignia.com freebsd-uk-usergroup-local at insignia.com
Wed Oct 17 10:28:18 BST 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:14:41 +0100, drinkster3 at hotmail.com ("Richard
Drinkwater") wrote:

>I'm working on setting up ADSL via USB on a FreeBSD box.  At the moment it
>connects and then after around 4 seconds drops the connection and reconnects
>successly, unless I have processes using the connection.  This is my
>ppp.conf.

I have a slightly different problem. Once up, the connection stays
up but it seems to fail the first two times that ppp is run. Running
at boot time via /usr/local/etc/rc.d/adsl.sh it gives me an error:
"Child failed(errdead)". Running ppp from the terminal after bootup
produces the same error. Running it a second time is succesful and
from then it stays up until the next boot. This is with the latest
October 7th snapshot.

Jim