easynet and reverse

daniel lawrence danny at AlphaZed.com
Tue Oct 16 10:28:14 BST 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:10:12AM +0100, David Richards wrote:
> Hi
>      I contacted easynet and they cant do reverse dns for me. They say I
> should tranfser my domain to them and make them become my primary dns
> server. Well I am not paying 125 quid just to get reverse dns. Now I wish I
> could kill my line and go with someone  who will
>

> David

I have had trouble in the past keeping reverses in sync. This is a real
hassle when you have to get somebody else to do the work.

When I got my easynet line I decided to avoid the trouble and use what they
have already assigned. I just CNAME my own hostnames to the appropriate
.dsl.easynet.co.uk names.

     myhostname     IN   CNAME     company-2.dsl.easynet.co.uk.

--
daniel lawrence               AlphaZed Ltd
mailto:danny at AlphaZed.com     http://www.AlphaZed.com