AOL and BSD

Brian Somers brian at freebsd-services.com
Thu Oct 11 18:23:28 BST 2001

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Steve Greenshaw wrote:
> =

> >As for Easynet ... well, let's just say that an installation cost of =A3=
295.00
> >and a monthly fee of =A379.00
> >(http://www.uk.easynet.net/products/prodfaq.asp?prod=3D1&ID=3D33#8) se=
ems a bit
> >much to me when you can buy from BT at =A339 per month with *currently=
* a =A375
> >connection fee
> =

> Aren't you comparing the Easynet Ethernet routed service with BT's USB
> one-dynamic-IP-address service?
> =

> Chalk and cheese.  (well, Roquefort and Cheddar anyway)

To be fair to BT, I've found their USB/ADSL service quite good.  I =

installed a FreeBSD box at a clients site some time ago and it hasn't =

failed - I'm seeing uptimes of over a week (interrupted by me) using =

the net/pppoa port.

> Aled
> -- =

>         ++  Amazingly cheap server hosting in Telehouse, London  ++
>         ++             http://www.qix.co.uk/colo/                ++

-- =

Brian <brian at freebsd-services.com>                <brian at Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>