AOL and BSD

Steve Greenshaw steve at softgreen.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 16:12:42 BST 2001

Yes ... Telewest do cover areas in Northern Britain, but being a cable company
these areas are never going to include the beautiful Lake District.

As for Easynet ... well, let's just say that an installation cost of £295.00
and a monthly fee of £79.00
(http://www.uk.easynet.net/products/prodfaq.asp?prod=1&ID=33#8) seems a bit
much to me when you can buy from BT at £39 per month with *currently* a £75
connection fee (this is waived if you are an existing BT Anytime ... or should
we say a BT Not More Than 16 hrs a Day Time ... customer) for the same spec.

That strikes me as a huge profit you're forking over to EasyNet ... ?