AOL and BSD

Aled Morris aledm at qix.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 22:37:16 BST 2001

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, James McGuire wrote:

>Are AOL quite bad as far as service goes? and are there any plans to
>bring AOL compatibility now into ppp?

I tried AOL under Windows - pretty bad (failed connections and the like)
and that was with ISDN.  Performance when connected was very poor.

I switched to freeserve's unmetered dial a couple of months ago and it has
been very good.

Demon have a unmetered service too I think, but I've no experience with
them.

You really ought to get ADSL if you can - I recommend Nildram's service
for that.

Aled
--
        ++  Amazingly cheap server hosting in Telehouse, London  ++
        ++             http://www.qix.co.uk/colo/                ++