Using MYADDR as an argument in ppp.linkup

Ceri Storey cez at pkl.net
Wed Oct 10 17:13:26 BST 2001

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 04:32:16PM +0100, Tom Hukins wrote:
> When a user-ppp connection is created, I want to connect to a dynamic
> DNS server (hn.org) and update my address.
>
> I've added the following line to /etc/ppp.linkup, with no luck:
>   !bg /usr/local/sbin/ddclient -daemon=0 -syslog -use=ip ip=MYADDR

Did you add it after the relevant configuration label? eg:
adsl:
 !bg sh -c "sh /usr/local/libexec/firewall INTERFACE MYADDR |logger -t ipfw"

> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Do you get anything in the logs? if not, adding:
set log Phase command
To the config may help you debug your problem.
--
Ceri Storey <cez at pkl.net> http://pkl.net/~cez/
vi(1)! postfix(7)! pie(5)!